Sunday, July 25, 2010

Anthem & The Year We Disappeared

Both of them happen to be from my summer reading list.  PS. woo! no make-up and wet hair! ;)

Anthem by Ayn Rand= readable. slow in the first part of the book. About: In the future, everyone is equal, everyone is one together. Equality 7-2521 goes against the crowd and the rules to do what he wants to do. However: I disagree with Ayn Rand's philosophy that everyone should be selfish. I agree that it's good to go against the crowd when the crowd is doing something wrong, but I believe that you can't be so selfish all the time. Sometimes you need to work together. PS. My mother hates Ayn Rand, so I guess I'm kinda biased. HAHA. :)

The Year We Disappeared by Cylin Busby and John Busby= way better than Anthem. mystery/one-of-those-keep-you-on-your-toes book. About: John Busby and his daughter Cylin write about the year John was shot while on duty as a police officer in a father/victim's point of view and a daughter's point of view. Claire's Opinion: Great read, definitely worth it. It can get slow at some parts, but the entire book is true life so nothing is made up to make it more exciting. Actually, I read the book in a couple of days. I really loved it. Expressed how hard it is for a family to recover and move on with their lives after a tragedy/miracle.

Still working on Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (?). Ughh. I really hate this book. So boring. So confusing. Has taken me, like, two weeks to read 45 pages. I wonder if I'll finish it before school starts, but I'm not worried.

Sorry this post was so simple and short, but I'm actually watching TV. Hehe. :)

Still have to remind me to do my favorite (or not so much favorite) magazines. I might do that tonight.

Anyways, Peace People,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment