Thursday, July 8, 2010

When I Read, I READ :)


I'm actually very surprised at myself. I haven't been reading this whole summer. Lame. But anyways, my mummy took me to the library yesterday and Barnes and Noble the day before. Thankfully, I got some new reading material! *Fist pump* Actually no, scratch that I'm not from Jersey Shore.

From the library, I only got one reading book but then again I was carrying a large stack of photography books as well. Go photography! The reading book is called... Things I Know About Love by Kate Le Vann. I love her last name.
Haven't gotten much into it because I was majorly tired last night but I read the first few pages. Keep you posted, but I have a feeling that I'm going to like it. I mean it starts off with Livia, the main character, thinking that her plane is running into flying turkeys. Yes, I think I will enjoy it.


Now the Barnes and Noble books. I bought Reality Check by Jen Calonita (love her) and One Night That Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt. I even managed to finish both of them in one day :)

Reality Check is about four best friends who are found by a producer person from a new network (like MTV) called Fire and Ice. Susan (the lady who found them) is looking for a new reality show and thinks that they're little beach-town is the perfect place to shoot with them being the main characters of the show, but Charlie would be the "leader" of the pack. They all decide to do the show even after hard thinking and a Pro and Con list. But once the shooting has started and the camera's are all on them, will their friendship fall apart just like every other reality show? Remember, friends don't let friends do reality shows. I found the book to be entertaining but also one of those books where you just want to smack those girls silly. I have always loved Jen Calonita's books so this wasn't a let down for me.

Lastly, One Night That Changes Everything. Eliza manages to lose everything... Everything except her purple notebook. Before her family was going to move, Eliza wanted to change and become a whole new person at her new school so she started to write a list of everything she would do at her new school that she was afraid of doing now. Even after they managed to stay at their old town and her family wouldn't have to move, Eliza kept on writing in the purple notebook. Now, her ex-boyfriend stole her purple notebook because of what she said on her sister's website about him. Eliza's worst fears are coming true, and they're making her do everything on her list over the course of the weekend. Dun! DUN! DUNNNNN!!!! I actually loved this book, I would recommend 14+ maybe even 15+ because of some naughty content if you know what I mean... Well not too dirty but naughty enough.

Okay, that's all I've read so far! :) But once school has started I'm sure I'll read more.

Later Lizards! ( <--- i don't know where that came from...)

PS. Thanks for following me, I really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment